Symbolic breakpoint is one of the few amazing features of Xcode. It allows you to add a breakpoint against every method in your code - that matches with the name of your breakpoint. This means you don't need to worry about method signature or which module it belongs to, whether it is a public or a private api.
Do it yourself
- Open your xcode project
- Goto breakpoint navigator
- Click on the + button at lower left corner
- Select "Symbolic Breakpoint..."
- A new breakpoint will be added to the list and a pop-up window will ask you to fill in details.
- Add the name of your method and press enter to create your symbolic breakpoint.
- Run the app and you will see your breakpoint changing into a list of all method names that is indexed by Xcode.
- If your breakpoint is for a private api - you may not see this list but be assured that the debugger will pause when it hits your method.
You can also restrict your symbolic breakpoint to a particular framework or module. This enables you to avoid a lot of noice (if your method name is very common).